School & Group Visits
The Ranger service includes teaching Environmental Education at Holt Country Park. This aims to promote a healthy and caring interaction between the learning group and the natural environment.
The Rangers will plan and lead a full or half day programme suited to your requirements. Any age group from pre-school to GCSE can be accommodated. A recommended maximum group size is approximately 30. Larger groups may have to be split for teaching purposes. The Rangers can suggest activities for pupil's unaccompanied studies.
£4.00 per child for day, teachers and adults with schools free entry.
Please bring suitable outdoor wear and packed lunches if needed.
Please contact the Events Ranger on 07920576634 for further details.
Programmes and Activities
- Wildlife in the Woods - birds and mammals, habitat study, tracks and trails, food webs, 'act as an animal'
- Pond Dipping - life in a pond, water insects and plants. Spring and summer months only
- Trees - structure of trees, tree survey, conifers and broadleaved woods, bark and leaf rubbings, pests and fungi, fruit and seeds and life in the tree
- Sensory walks and games - unnature trail, woodland games, meet a tree, arty wildlife and story telling
- Building survival shelters - build a shelter out of woodland materials. No tools or string, just skill!
- Plants - how plants live in the woods, wild flowers, plant biology, seed dispersal, arty plants, insects
- Be a Ranger - learn new conservation skills, scrub bashing
- Insects and mini beasts - habitats and life cycles, bug watch and surveys, butterflies and moths
- Wayfaring - basic map reading, self guided trails, find objects in the park, fun way to explore the park
- Orienteering - advanced map work, code breaking, themed trails
- Water rockets - one litre plastic bottles required
The Events Ranger
North Norfolk District Council
Tel:07920576634 Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 01263 516298