You are here : Home > Council Tax > Pay for it > Independent Advice

Independent Advice

If you are having problems paying your Council Tax Bill, repaying your Housing Benefit Overpayment, or you have any other bills outstanding, you may wish to seek financial advice.  The organisations listed below are independent and do not charge for their services.  Always get free, independent advice before using a commercial service.

You may also wish to download advice on budgeting, provided by the Financial Conduct Authority

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service is a national charity that provides free debt advice. If you think you might need a structured solution to your debt problems, make sure that you get in touch. Many debt management companies will try to sell you a debt management plan as a way of taking care of your debts - but they usually charge fees for setting one up. CCCS will do the same work for nothing. Check out the charity’s online assessment service CCCS Debt Remedy to find out more.

Consumer Credit Counselling Service
Wade House
Merrion Centre
Telephone: (0800) 138 1111


Debtline offer free, confidential and independent advice to help people deal with their debt problems and regain control of their finances.

Telephone: 0808 808 4000

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

The CAB helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice. 





Norfolk County Council

Norfolk County Council provide advice and links to helpful publications on their website

Norfolk County Council