The Planning Policy Team is responsible for preparing documents setting out the Councils approach to the management of development in the District. This involves preparing plans containing policies and proposals that set out what can be built and where. There are two main levels of planning guidance:
- National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) - The National Planning Policy Framework was published in March 2012, consolidating a range of previously issued documents. Local authorities must take the contents of the NPPF into account when preparing plans and considering planning applications.
- Local Development Framework (LDF) - This is a series of documents that sets out how your local area may change over the next few years. A LDF is often referred to as ‘the Development Plan’ or ‘Local Plan’.
The planning policies which guide planning decisions in North Norfolk are contained in the Core Strategy, and new development locations are shown in the Site Allocations document.
Other relevant plans:
- Minerals & Waste Local Development Framework (Norfolk County Council)
- Broads Local Plan for parts of North Norfolk within the Broads Authority area.
Additionally, the team has the responsibility to continue with the development of policy and related advice including preparation of Development Briefs, Planning Obligations and CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy), review of Government policies (Localism), corporate projects, working with neighbouring authorities and various outside organisations, consultation, monitoring, and providing policy advice to the Development Management service.
In 2011 a Major Developments Team was formed with a combination of staff from the Planning Policy and Development Management sections. the team processes all planning applications relating to sites allocated for development in the Site Allocations Development Plan and other larger scale residential proposals.
CURRENT ADOPTED POLICY & GUIDANCE
Please see the Local Development Framework
More details on the current system of Planning is contained within:
REQUESTS FOR MAPS
Unfortunately the Council is unable to provide Ordnance Survey maps to the public, businesses or non-public sector organisations. There are a range of suppliers who are licensed to sell maps which can be found on the Planning Portal website.
Public Sector organisations (including Parish and Town Councils) may obtain maps from North Norfolk District Council or Ordnance Survey for their business use but may need to sign a Contractors Licence. Please contact Rebecca Domek (GIS Coordinator) on 01263 516355 for further information.
- Planning & Design
- Latest Information & Guidance
- Applications & Enforcement
- Building Control
- Properties, Streets & Land Charges
- Planning Policy
- Approval for Neighbourhood Areas in Corpusty and Saxthorpe, and Holt - 20 December 2013
- North Norfolk District Council approves former HL Foods site development - 21 November 2013
- Applications received for the designation of Neighbourhood Areas - 21 August 2013
- North Norfolk District Council to appeal wind turbine planning decision - 13 May 2013
- Opportunity to comment on development plans for Holt site - 09 April 2013