Free parking available in our car parks at Fakenham (Saturday 15th December) and Holt (Sunday 16th December).
Conservation areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character and appearance of which is desirable to preserve or enhance. Development is therefore subject to stricter planning regulations.
The special interest of each conservation area varies and will have its own distinctive environment which does not relate solely to buildings, but could include:
- The historic layout of roads, paths and boundaries
- Characteristic building and paving materials
- Particular mixes of building uses
- Public and private spaces, such as squares, greens and parks
- Trees and street furniture such as lamp posts and railings, also contribute to character
The Local Planning Authority has a responsibility to preserve and enhance these areas through appropriate development and enhancement schemes.
For more information please visit the Conservation Areas page on the Historic England website
Last updated: 27th January 2017