Sign up or pay for a brown garden bin collection

Our waste collection service is a cost effective way of disposing your household garden waste.

Property transactions & conveyancing

If you are looking to buy a property, you’re advised to undertake a Local Authority Land Charges search. Contaminated land is commonly dealt with as part of the standard land charges search. If you have a more detailed enquiry or would like more information, please contact us.

Contaminated land is specifically dealt with by Question 13.12(a), (b) & (c) of the CON29R Form. In response to this question, our Land Charges team will provide details from the Council’s Contaminated Land Register together with any other details regarding the condition of the land (if known). Subsequent to this, any requests for further information will be directed to the Environmental Protection Team.

Requests for further information are charged at £25 per request. More complex or detailed enquiries and larger search area requests will be assessed against an hourly rate of £35 per hour, or part thereof, with a minimum of one hour being charged.

Contaminated Land, planning & domestic oil spills

It is the developer's responsibility to ensure that a development is safe and suitable for use and is expected to take action to determine whether land is suitable for a particular development or whether further remedial action is required.

For further guidance regarding building development on contaminated land, please download our 'Contaminated land' leaflet.

If you experience a domestic oil spillage, please download our 'Advice for domestic oil spills' note.


Last updated: 19th January 2017