The UK Government is changing how we vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.
This property is currently under negotiation.
The Seaview Buildings
North Lodge Park
The Seaview Buildings are located within North Lodge Park as outlined in red on the plan.
Seaview Buildings describes the whole of the detached premises, which is made up of:
- the former Seaview children’s nursery
- the public toilets
- the café facing the boating lake
View the full map of North Lodge Park.
We are seeking expressions of interest and proposals for a new lease over the whole or part of the Seaview buildings.
It is proposed that any new tenant invests in the property to create the required area to be leased. Any new lease would be subject to negotiation with the Council (as landlord) based on those costs and the proposed use.
The premises are single-storey with a mix of brick and flint walls and a slate roof.
Former Seaview nursery
- modern, light interior with suspended ceilings
- enclosed forecourt facing the main path from the Cromer slipway and promenade
- large, open internal space with direct access to the forecourt
- separate toilets
- gas central heating throughout
Current café area
- main front-of-house café area that can accommodate approximately 14 covers
- there are no toilets
- external tables and chairs for customers will be allowed in a specific area in front of the café
Current public toilets
- located on either side of the main building, ladies to the west and gents to the east
- currently accessed via separate paths from the main park
- the tenant could include these in a wider scheme to refurbish the premises
North Lodge Park
The 5-acre park is owned by the Council and jointly maintained by us and a registered charity, Friends of North Lodge Park.
Parking and deliveries
Access for deliveries will be allowed, but no parking spaces are offered as cars are discouraged from the park for safety and amenity reasons.
The Seaview buildings are within a conservation area. They also sit within the curtilage of the Grade 2 Listed town lodge, owned and occupied by Cromer Town Council. The Council’s Conservation Officer has confirmed the Seaview Buildings are an accessory to the Grade 2 listed North Lodge and form part of the listed status. Therefore, any proposed external alterations must not negatively impact the listing and should consider the wider appearance and character of the park.
Planning and development guidance
It is expected that any major works or change of use proposed by a tenant would need Planning and Listed Building consent and Building Control consent. These would need to be arranged by the tenant.
View the existing layout plan
- Former nursery: 137.3 sqm (1,478 sq. ft)
- Café: approximately 38.8 sqm (418 sq. ft)
- Public toilets (ladies and gents): each is approximately 17 sqm (183 sq. ft)
The length and terms of any lease will be negotiable and subject to the level of investment and use proposed. We suggest that, if required, a long lease over 20 years would be appropriate, with the tenant being responsible for all repairs and maintenance. Building insurance would be put in place by us as the landlord and recharged to the tenant. If there are common or shared areas outside the site, these would be subject to a service charge.
The individual parts of the premises are currently listed separately for Business Rates. If the premises were to be operated as one unit, then there would be a re-valuation carried out by the Valuation Office once any refurbishment is complete. The current rateable values are:
- Former nursery - £6,200
- Café - £2,100
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
The former nursery premises has recently received an EPC and achieved a rating of C71.
The existing café has an EPC which is valid until November 2029 and is rated at E124.
The public toilets have no EPC rating.
We are keen to ensure that the premises are sustainable and efficient, in line with our commitments to net zero carbon emissions.
The tenant will be responsible for their own legal costs.
Currently, we have not opted to tax this property. However, this may change, in which case VAT may be charged on all rents.
Expression of interest
When submitting an informal expression of interest, please include:
- a summary of the proposed development of the property
- an idea of the proposed investment costs
- a sketch plan of the proposed layout
- the preferred length of time of the lease
- a business plan including proposed rental payments would be useful
- View the property particulars for full details
- North Lodge Park map
- Location plan
- Café EPC
- Former Seaview nursery EPC
Please send expressions of interest by 5pm on Monday 12 September 2022.
Contact the Estates team to arrange a viewing. Please provide at least 24 hours notice.
Call us: 01263 516337
Last updated: 24th November 2022