Working within the Benefits service this role will primarily be to accurately administer new claims and changes for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support in accordance with statutory regulations, local policies, operational procedures and performance measures. You will also be required to deal with customer enquiries, some difficult and complex, in a polite and efficient manner.
Ideally you will need:
- Experience of working within a Housing Benefit / Council Tax Support team.
- Excellent communication and customer skills.
- Ability to recognise error and irregularity.
- Ability to accurately input information into computer systems.
- Experience of accurately maintaining and interpreting personal and financial information.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, working to deadlines.
If you want to be part of an enthusiastic and forward-thinking team, with a varied and challenging workload - we would like to hear from you.
‘Employment is subject to a satisfactory Baseline Personnel Security (BPSS) check, which includes a verification of unspent criminal records’
North Norfolk District Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Silver standard.
Please note that we do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Please send all completed application forms to HR@north-norfolk.gov.uk.
Additional information pertaining to the job description is available here
For an informal discussion please contact Emma Peck on 01263 516229 or Deborah Baldwin on 01263 516121.
Closing date: 9.00am, Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Interviews: 13th and 14th April 2021
Last updated: 9th March 2021