Having a spectacular natural environment and an enviable quality of life doesn’t make the residents of North Norfolk District complacent about the environment and climate challenges that we all face. Our innovative approaches to coastal change have put us at the forefront of adaptation planning and our climate emergency declaration demonstrates our commitment to climate change mitigation. We are therefore recruiting into a new team to work with local communities to formulate policies and develop and implement projects to fulfil the Council’s ambitious environmental aims and objectives.
As our Climate Change Project Officer you will play an instrumental part in delivering projects that help influence patterns of behaviour, shape the built environment, create community cohesion, build natural resilience and work creatively to help North Norfolk achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.
We would like you to join us if you have the experience, knowledge, skills and ingenuity to:
- develop and manage community environmental projects
- engage communities and coordinate activities that achieve the Council’s environmental objectives, such as the pledge to plant 110,000 trees
- plan and use resources creatively and efficiently
- inspire others, providing professional expertise when required
- build confidence and capacity in communities; encouraging civic pride, boosting resilience and motivating people
Please note that we do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Please send all completed application forms to HR@north-norfolk.gov.uk.
For an informal discussion please contact: Rob Young, Head of Economic & Community Development, on 01263 516162.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 5th October 2020
Interview date: Thursday 15th October 2020 - video call interview to be arranged
Last updated: 16th September 2020