Free parking offered at Morris Street car park
North Norfolk is an attractive rural District with a beautiful award-winning coastline, fantastic landscapes and big skies within easy reach of the fine City of Norwich.
We are looking for a passionate, proactive and creative individual to join our busy communications team where no two days are the same.
It’s an exciting time to join us where you could be a part of an ambitious Council that is working hard to make North Norfolk a better place for its residents, visitors and businesses. We want you to use your communications skills and initiative to develop new and engaging ways to help share our story and successes.
There is a huge amount going on in North Norfolk from the development of a multi-million pound leisure centre in Sheringham to the launch of our exciting Deep History Coast project with plenty in between! With your top-notch writing skills and creativity, you will help keep the public, staff, media and other key stakeholders informed of these projects as well as raise the profile of what North Norfolk District Council is responsible for and how we are achieving our priorities.
We would like you to join us if you:
- thrive in a busy, challenging and varied environment
- are positive, flexible, proactive and open to new ideas and ways of working
- are determined and willing to tackle challenges to get results
- are self-motivated, can think on your feet and respond creatively
- have a passion for engaging with people
- have excellent writing skills and an ability to use a range of traditional and digital communication channels effectively
- have a nose for what makes a great story and an eye for detail
- can use insight and evaluation to communicate effectively
If you want to be part of an enthusiastic and forward thinking team, with a varied and challenging workload and understand how effective communications can make a difference - we would like to hear from you.
Please note, this is a politically restricted post.
North Norfolk District Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Please note that we do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Please send all completed application forms to HR@north-norfolk.gov.uk.
For an informal discussion please contact Louise Cowell, Communications and PR Manager on 01263 516202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 17th May 2019