Having a spectacular natural environment and an enviable quality of life doesn’t make the residents of North Norfolk District complacent about the environment and climate challenges that we all face. Our innovative approaches to coastal change have put us at the forefront of adaptation planning and our climate emergency declaration demonstrates our commitment to climate change mitigation. We are therefore recruiting into a new team to work with local communities to formulate policies and develop and implement projects to fulfil the Council’s ambitious environmental aims and objectives.
As our Environmental Policy Officer you will play an instrumental part in influencing patterns of behaviour, shaping the built environment, creating community cohesion, building natural resilience and working creatively to help North Norfolk achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.
We would like you to join us if you have the experience, knowledge, skills and ingenuity to:
- confidently provide evidence-based advice on environmental policy and sustainable development
- develop and deliver plans and projects in partnership with local communities and key stakeholders
- formulate, implement, monitor and review the Council’s Environmental Charter and Action Plan
- promote environmental initiatives within the wider community and amongst local businesses
- inspire others but also reconcile conflicting interests and understand the need for diplomacy and political acumen
- bring together people, places and resources to effect lasting change
If you want to be part of an enthusiastic and forward-thinking team, with a varied and challenging workload - we would like to hear from you.
North Norfolk District Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Silver standard.
Please note that we do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Please send all completed application forms to HR@north-norfolk.gov.uk.
For an informal discussion please contact: Rob Young, Head of Economic & Community Development, on 01263 516162.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 5th October 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 14th October 2020 - video call interviews to be arranged
Last updated: 16th September 2020