Our waste collection service is a cost effective way of disposing your household garden waste.
Making North Norfolk an even better place
There’s a positive energy about North Norfolk District Council.
We have an ambitious vision for the future and are reviewing our Local Plan to 2036 - providing for 10,000 new homes, new jobs and community facilities, whilst at the same time ensuring the protection of our fantastic natural environment and dynamic coastline.
We want to enable our local communities to be inclusive, prosperous and successful by:-
- supporting the growth of local businesses and attracting new commercial investment to the district;
- enabling the provision of affordable, family housing providing a positive future for our young people and tomorrow’s workforce;
- meeting the housing and social care needs for of our growing older population; and
- maintaining all that is special about North Norfolk being one of the top rural and coastal tourist destinations in the UK.
As Head of Planning these, as well as other professional challenges, await you.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, want to be part of an ambitious and successful leadership team and are:-
- a dynamic, motivational leader and a passionate driver of change;
- politically astute and resilient;
- up for the challenge of ensuring the delivery of our Local Plan;
- making sure that our development management processes are fit for purpose and support our ambitions;
- able to maximise the benefits of the Council’s digital transformation programme; and
- willing to put the customer at the centre of our services;
we want to hear from you.
In return you will be supported in your further personal and professional development through a range of management and leadership opportunities.
We believe that our people are our biggest asset as evidenced through our Gold Investors in People award. Our staff tell us that this is a great place to work with an open culture and fantastic learning and development opportunities. We offer employees an attractive working environment, flexible working options and a career average pension scheme. The Council offers a generous relocation package for those wishing to relocate to the area.
North Norfolk District Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
This is a politically restricted post.
Please note that we do not accept CVs unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Please send all completed application forms to HR@north-norfolk.gov.uk
To find out more informally please contact Steve Blatch,
Corporate Director and Head of Paid Service, 01263 516232
Last updated: 20th March 2018