If you have not received notification but believe you should be receiving a grant payment then please use our Eligibility Checker
Date published: 11th December 2015
The latest round of Big Society Fund grants have been agreed, with North Norfolk District Council supporting a wide range of groups, including musicians, young footballers and girl guides.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based in North Norfolk.
Since the fund started in 2012, in excess of £1,000,000 has been awarded to more than 100 community projects.
The committee which oversees the grants meets four times a year. This time they approved grants totalling nearly £27,500. The awards are subject to each group agreeing to formal terms and conditions.
BSF grant awards in this round were awarded to:
- Stalham Brass Band (£3,000) towards musical instruments. The band offers opportunities for children aged 6 to 16 who attend schools in the Stalham area to learn to read music and play brass instruments.
- High Kelling Society (£4,199) to buy portable, easy to assemble staging to be used in the village hall for social and cultural events. The staging will help increase the use of the hall, which until now has had no stage or raised platform.
- Sheringham Girl Guiding (£5,000) for conversion of a cupboard to a purpose built level access shower and toilet at the guides’ headquarters. In the past limited facilities have been highlighted as a reason why the headquarters is not used more by external organisations.
- Happisburgh Hammers Youth Football (£2,300) to buy football goals, football kits and match footballs to accommodate the increased club membership numbers and age range. The Hammers were established last year by a group of local parents concerned about the lack of opportunity for their children to play youth football.
- Northrepps Parish Council (£3,675) for the replacement of play equipment at Northrepps Adventure Playground, to improve and enhance provision for children of all ages.
- North Walsham Gymnastics Club (£9,248) towards a larger project called Dream, Believe, Achieve, which will enable the club to move into and furnish a new venue with gym equipment and build toilet and changing facilities.
Cllr Tom FitzPatrick, Leader of North Norfolk District Council and Cabinet Member for Big Society, said: “The Big Society Fund continues to help fund or part-fund projects which are making a real difference to people across the district.
“The type of organisations it helps varies widely in terms of age groups, activity type and location.
“We are helping people in both towns and rural areas improve sporting facilities, play areas, music bands, museums, heritage, lunch clubs and to buy defibrillators.
“I would encourage groups and organisations to realise how wide that range is and put in an application.”
If you have an idea or a project that you wish to develop and apply for funding, you are encouraged to speak to your local Councillor and get in touch with the Council (via Sonia Shuter tel. 01263 516173, email firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit https://www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/tasks/big-society-fund/big-society-fund/
The next round of applications closes on 8 February 2016.
Download the prospectus which contains comprehensive guidance to support the application process
Last updated: 11th October 2017