If you have not received notification but believe you should be receiving a grant payment then please use our Eligibility Checker
Date published: 2nd December 2016
North Norfolk District Council commissioned Renosteel Construction Ltd, Thrower & Rutland Ltd and Redhill Services Ltd to carry out work on Cabbell Park after Medcentres received the go-ahead for the multi-million pound medical centre this autumn.
Work was scheduled with Cromer Town Football Club, to ensure it didn’t disrupt the playing schedule for the club, and now the pitch has been relocated in time for Cromer Youth Football Club match this weekend.
As well as moving the pitch the Council has:
- Drained land at the western end of the Park to ensure the realigned pitch is to the required playing standard;
- Provided a new match officials’ changing facility on the Cromer Academy site – see pictures;
- Refurbished and improved the team changing rooms at Cromer Academy as a replacement for the dated facilities at Cabbell Park
- Provided a new path and gate linking Cabbell Park to the changing rooms
- Moved the floodlights and ducting to ensure the pitch is playable in the evenings
- Moved the pitch, goals and dug-outs to comply with football league regulations
- Put up new posts and rail to match the new pitch layout
- Put in a new electricity supply
Cllr Tom FitzPatrick, Leader of North Norfolk District Council said: “We have been working hard to put the new facilities in, to support the provision of a modern health centre for the people of Cromer and to ensure that the club and football supporters have the facilities they need.
“The before and after photographs tell the story of our investment in Cabbell Park. We will have improved football facilities, the clubhouse is available to be used and there will be a modern medical centre to serve the people of Cromer.
“The Council is also working to identify a long term home for community sports facilities that can serve the people of Cromer.”
Last updated: 8th May 2017