Sign up to pay by Direct Debit
Date published: 29th November 2017
Sea Palling car park will be improved and additional signs put on the highway to help guide visitors to the 1,000 spaces that are available.
The Council's leisure services team have looked into the issue following concerns being raised by Ward Councillor for Waxham, Cllr Richard Price.
Since then, talks have taken place with Sea Palling Parish Council and Norfolk County Council’s Highways Service to find out what additional work could be undertaken to improve the flow of traffic in and out of the popular seaside resort.
The improvement work, which started on Monday 27 November, will include:
- A new layout for coach parking at Clink Road, Sea Palling for six to eight coaches, open all year round
- Work on the entrance and exit of Clink Road car park
- Clear signage to the Clink Road car park
- A secondary sign on Beach Road before the Clink Road turn
- Parking signs to indicate the 1,000 space car park
- Warning signs to help reduce cars going up to the ramp, which causes problems for beach-goers
The work will be carried out by Renosteel, based in North Walsham, after they successfully tendered for the contract.
In addition to the signs, in the New Year, the Highways Team will be changing the road markings to encourage drivers to take the Clink Road turn.
Last updated: 29th November 2017