The UK Government is changing how we vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.
Big Society Fund hands out another £66,000
North Norfolk District Council grant scheme has now distributed more than £1.6m
Date published: 22nd March 2018
Improvements to village halls and sports clubs, and equipment for 10 new first-responder volunteers, will be made possible thanks to the latest round of Big Society Fund (BSF) grants.
North Norfolk District Council’s BSF has made the following 10 awards:
- Aldborough Gardening Club (£2,500) – to develop a community allotment garden with a new wildlife footpath and a footbridge between Aldborough Surgery car park and the Community Garden
- Kettlestone Village Hall (£4,318) – to remove asbestos from the roof and replace it with a new composite roof
- Ludham Parish Council (£10,000) – to purchase and install play equipment
- North Walsham Play (£10,502.39) – to purchase and install play equipment, including a Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant basket swing and wheelchair-accessible roundabout
- North Walsham Rugby Football Club (£10,000) – towards installing a lift to the first floor of the clubhouse, which will enable it to become a DDA-compliant facility
- Stalham Town Hall (£9,000) – to repoint the front and side wall of the Town Hall in line with conservation regulations
- St Mary’s Bowls Club, Stalham (£7,500) – to build a second clubhouse to provide changing facilities for 10+ people and install a second toilet
- Stiffkey Social Services Committee (£914.40) – to purchase wheeled cricket practice nets
- Suffield Village Hall (£1,652) – to purchase padded stackable chairs, blackout blinds and a table-tennis table
- Stalham & Smallburgh First Responders (£10,000) – to purchase and equip 10 new first-responder volunteers with two-way radios, pulse oximeters, automatic defibrillators and other lifesaving equipment
The 10 grants combined are worth £66,386.79.
Cllr John Lee, Leader of North Norfolk District Council and Chairman of the BSF Panel, said: “The fund continues to help a wide range of communities across North Norfolk improve their facilities, and we are delighted to be able to announce these latest grants.
“I would encourage other groups from across our towns and villages to consider applying for future grants.”
He added: “The team that looks after BSF applications can help with pre-application advice and guidance.”
Since the fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded more than £1.6m to 213 community projects.
Complete applications to be submitted to the June panel need to be received by May 14.
For more information about the application process, visit www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/tasks/big-society-fund/big-society-fund-details or contact the BSF team on 01263 516173 or 01263 516248.
Last updated: 22nd March 2018