Set up a Direct Debit
Date published: 19th December 2018
Photo shows the North Walsham and Dilham Canal at Ebridge
The latest round of Big Society Fund grants have been agreed, with North Norfolk District Council supporting a wide range of groups, including Holt United Football Club, Cley Harbour, the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust and two village halls
Since the Big Society Fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,827,861 to 240 community projects in Norfolk including this round.
The committee which oversees the grants meet quarterly to decide which projects to fund. This time they approved grants totalling just over £63,000.
Here are this quarter’s recipients:
- Dilham Village Hall (£7,500) – to be used in the first instance for the purchase of play area safety surfacing, any balance remaining should be put towards play equipment identified in the application
- Gt Ryburgh Playing Field (£5,300) – to purchase and install a hexagonal swing, safety surface and remove the old equipment
- Holt United Football Club (£2,700) – to purchase a ground slitter and line which will Improve the condition of the pitch by allowing more air into the soil
- North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust (£14,980) – to purchase a second hand self-propelled aquatic plant cutter, its transport trailer and a compact tractor fitted with a front loader and outreach cutter arm
- Honing Village Club (£2,300) – to refurbish the clubroom in the village hall, by replacing the furniture and upgrading the lighting and heating
- Holt Discharged Soldier & Sailors Federation Allotments Society (£6,600) – towards the purchase of a second hand building with a communal area, a sink with running water and toilet facilities
- Cley Harbour (£9,000) – towards the hire of an excavator to dredge the river Glaven between Cley tidal flood gate and Salthouse main sluice
- Cley Parish Council (£15,000) – contribution towards building a unisex disabled community toilet
A Council spokesman said: “The Council is delighted to be able to support such a vast range of community projects across the district. The Big Society Fund grant is a great way to make the dreams of the community a reality and thus improve the lives of the people of north Norfolk."
Last updated: 24th April 2019