If your business has been forced to close due to lockdown restrictions, you may be eligible for a grant
Date published: 3rd July 2019
The latest round of Big Society Fund grants have been agreed, with North Norfolk District Council supporting a wide range of groups, including Sea Palling playground, Cromer Academy and Thursford Parish Council.
Since the Big Society Fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded around £1,888,000 to over 250 community projects in North Norfolk including this round’s benefactors.
Some of the worthy local causes who benefited from the latest round of funding include:
- Sea Palling with Waxham Community Trust, Sea Palling (£12,000) – To refurbish Sea Palling playground
- Cromer Academy, Cromer (£1500) - To purchase recycling equipment; a Plastic Granulator, a Sheet Making Press and bins for categorising plastics
- Upper Sheringham Village Hall, Upper Sheringham (£2860) – To aid in refurbishing the village hall
- Tatterset Parish Council, Tatterset (£7338) - To provide new play equipment in Blenheim Park
- Thursford Parish Council, Thursford (£150) - Printing and distribution of a newsletter, information leaflet and fridge magnet to promote 'Thursford Assist' to local residents.
The Big Society Fund is open again for applications with a cut-off date for applications to go to the September round of funding is August 12th, 2019.
Cllr Sarah Bütikofer, Leader of North Norfolk District Council said: “The panel were delighted to support this diverse range of projects across the district, including schemes such as the Seapalling playground. Supporting our communities in the provision of high quality facilities for our district’s children and young people was just one of our manifesto commitments.”
Last updated: 3rd July 2019