We're here to help, but to keep us all safe please only come to the office if necessary. Most of our services are available online but if you do need to see someone, please book an appointment to avoid long wait times.
Date published: 6th November 2019
The U.K shall be voting in a General Election on Thursday, 12 December 2019 with Polling Stations being open between 7am and 10pm across our district.
North Norfolk District Council have had to implement several changes to Polling Stations due to usual buildings being unavailable at such short notice. We very much appreciate the work that has gone into making our Polling Stations available for this election including the movement or cancellation of pre-existing bookings which had been in place.
The Polling Station changes for this election are as follows:
- Blakeney change from Blakeney Village Hall to Blakeney Scout Hut, Langham Road, Blakeney, NR25 7PG.
- Holt change from Holt Community Centre to Holt Parish Church Hall, Church Street, Holt, NR25 6BB.
- Tunstead change from Tunstead Primary School to Horse & Groom Public House, Granary Way, Market Street, Tunstead, NR12 8AH.
Furthermore, there have been two further changes in polling arrangements:-
- Following a request from Matlaske Parish Council we have changed the Polling Station arrangements for electors in Matlaske from Little Barningham Village Hall to Baconsthorpe Village Hall, School Lane, Baconsthorpe, NR25 6LJ.
- Due to the unavailability of Sustead Village Hall we have changed the Polling Station arrangements for electors in Sustead which also includes electors from Bessingham and Metton so that they will now vote at a Portacabin sited at Hanworth Village Hall, The Common, Hanworth, NR11 7HP.
Residents who wish to vote and are not already on the Electoral Register will have to register by 11.59pm on Tuesday, 26 November 2019. If you are not registered you will not be able to vote at this Election.
If you wish to apply for an Absent Vote at this election the deadline for the receipt of postal vote applications are: 5pm on Tuesday, 26 November 2019 with the deadline for Proxy Vote applications being; 5pm on Wednesday, 4 December 2019.
Postal Vote packs will be dispatched on Friday, 22 November to those who have permanent postal voting arrangements and those who have applied for a postal vote before 6 November. A second dispatch will be made on Tuesday, 3 December to those who apply for a postal vote between Wednesday, 6 November and 5pm on Tuesday, 26 November.
Finally an emergency proxy application can be made up to 5pm on 12 December, Polling Day, on the grounds of being unavailable to attend your polling station due to a medical emergency or employment reasons.
Last updated: 6th November 2019