View the latest information on how North Norfolk is responding to the virus.
Date published: 3rd January 2020
More than £14,000 was awarded in December
The latest round of North Norfolk District Council Arts & Culture Fund grants has been awarded supporting a wide range of groups.
The local causes who benefited from the latest round of funding include:
- Sir John Hurt Trust - £2,000 towards Reminiscence Therapy to help those living with dementia and similar conditions, and to provide support for their carers.
- SWAN (Supporting Women Activities Network) – £1900 to run a range of therapy based classes, delivered through different tutors and visits to art galleries and exhibitions.
- Alfred Cohen Art Foundation – £2500 towards art workshops in North Norfolk with a special emphasis on the inclusion of young people
- North Norfolk Chamber Opera – £2000 towards the cost of an 8-piece orchestra for 2 rehearsals and 3 performances of Orpheus in the Underworld by Offenbach
- The Choir Worstead – £1500 towards support costs of the Choir’s performances of Dido and Aeneas
- About With Friends – £2125 towards 24 music sessions with About With Friends members with learning disabilities to help support their social, emotional and communication needs.
- Merchants Place Resource & Learning Centre – £2000 towards the Drawn Together project that will offer creative activities for local people to be more socially included and to increase their self-confidence to live a good life.
The North Norfolk District Council Arts & Culture Fund Panel will next be meeting in March 2020. In order for complete applications to be considered by the Panel they will need to be submitted to the Council’s Health and Communities Team by Friday, 28th February 2020.
Cllr Virginia Gay, North Norfolk District Council Portfolio Holder for Arts & Culture said: "North Norfolk is rich in community arts projects of all kinds - music, film, painting, singing, crafting. These projects bring us together and lighten our lives. If you have a community project which could do with a little help, please do get in touch with us."
All organisations who are considering making an application are to contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173.
Visit the Arts and Culture Fund page to download an applications pack and to learn more about how to make an application.
Last updated: 9th January 2020