We're here to help, but to keep us all safe please only come to the office if necessary. Most of our services are available online but if you do need to see someone, please book an appointment to avoid long wait times.
Date published: 3rd January 2020
More than £25,580 was awarded in December
The latest round of North Norfolk District Council’s Big Society Fund grants has been agreed, with North Norfolk District Council supporting a wide range of groups, including new windows and doors at Gresham Village Hall and the restoration of the village duck pond and the surrounding area at Hempton.
Since the Big Society Fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,961,752 to 268 community projects in North Norfolk including this round’s benefactors.
The local causes who benefited from the latest round of funding include:
- All Saints Community Rooms, Mundesley – £5,165.05 towards the purchase of a replacement heating system.
- Bale Village Hall– £3,115 towards access to the Village Hall.
- Hempton Parish Council – £3800 towards the restoration of the village duck pond and surrounding area in the centre of the village.
- Trunch Parochial Church Council – £1000 towards the purchase of an A0 colour printer.
- Great Snoring Social Club – £3500 towards the procurement of new style furniture; including trolleys for movability of the furniture for the clubhouse.
- Gresham Village Hall Association – £5000 towards the replacement of new windows and doors for the village hall.
- Fakenham Rugby Union Football Club – £4000 towards replacing existing floodlights with new energy efficient ones.
The BSF Grant Panel will next meet at the beginning of March 2020. In order for complete applications to be considered by the Panel they will need to be submitted to the Council’s Health and Communities Team by Monday, 4 February 2020.
Cllr Sarah Bütikofer, Leader of North Norfolk District Council said: “I am delighted the Council has once again been able to support a broad range of local interest groups to deliver their initiatives for local communities”
All organisations who are considering making an application are to contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173
To download an applications pack and to learn more about how to make an application visit the Council’s website.
Last updated: 10th January 2020