Mammoth Marathon - Race Rules and Entry Conditions
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity Places – shall mean the entry places provided free of charge to a charity partner or sponsor in accordance with the Charity Partnering Agreement or Sponsorship Agreement (as required).
Charity Partnering Agreement – shall mean the agreement entered into between the Event Organiser and each charity partner.
Entrant – shall mean a person who enters the Event via the appropriate method as detailed in clause 1.1
Event – shall mean the Marathon and Half Marathon road races taking place along the North Norfolk Coast from Sea Palling to Sheringham on Sunday 17 May 2020 as organised and operated by the Event Organiser.
Event Officials – shall mean those persons instructed by the Event Organiser to officiate at the Event including but not limited to race marshals, stewards and members of the medical team
Event Organiser – shall mean North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 9EN.
Event Partners – shall mean those organisations working with the Event Organisers in the operation and promotion of the Event
Event Pack – shall mean the information pack for Entrants containing relevant details of the Event.
Entry Closing Date – shall mean Friday 31 January 2020
Force Majeure Event – shall mean any event whatsoever which is outside the reasonable control of the Event Organiser (including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, an incident on or near the Event course, failure of public services, failure of public transport, Government rulings or acts of Governmental authority, strikes, riot (or threatened riot) acts of war or terrorism (or threatened acts of war or terrorism), sabotage, labour disputes or any other emergency or extraordinary circumstance)
Medical Information – shall mean any medical data collected from an Entrant for health and safety purposes
Personal Information – shall mean any personal details of an Entrant collected in connection with the Event.
Official Race Charities – Shall mean Break, The Big C, Open Youth Trust, East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Benjamin Foundation.
Sponsorship Agreement – shall mean the agreement entered into between the Event Organiser and each event sponsor.
- Entries to the Event shall be made through Active Network. By following the link provided on the Event website, the Entrant will be directed to the entry page on activenetwork.com. In order to enter the Event, Entrants must submit an application form via the Active Network system in accordance with the instructions provided. By submitting an application form, the Entrant is agreeing to enter into the Event and also agrees to abide by these Entry Conditions and any instructions given to them by the Event Organiser and Event Officials.
- Entry to the event shall be limited to the first 1,000 Entrants – 600 half marathon and 400 full marathon - (including spaces reserved for sponsors and partners and Charity Places). Once 1,000 Entrants have entered and payment has been taken, entry shall be closed and no further person shall be able to enter.
- Only one entry per person shall be accepted. All successful Entrants will receive an email confirming successful registration and entry to the Event. Entrants will receive a race number specific to their registration on the day of the Event.
- Any application which is not submitted by the Entry Closing Date shall not be accepted. Any applications which are illegible or incomplete shall not be accepted.
- Entrants must be at least 17 years old for the half marathon and 18 years old for the full marathon on Sunday 17 May 2020.
- Participation in the Event is strictly personal to the Entrant; Entrants shall be prohibited from swapping or selling, or offering to swap or sell, their place in the Event. Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void and shall entitle the Event Organiser to exclude the Entrant from participation in the Event or any future events. At any time prior to the Entry Closing Date, Entrants who have gained a place in the Event may transfer their place via the Active Network system to another person who satisfies the criteria in clause 1.5, subject to the person who is taking the place providing all relevant information in order to validly enter the Event and agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Should a Charity Partnering Agreement or Sponsorship Agreement be terminated between the Event Organiser and a charity partner or sponsor, the Charity Places allocated will be withdrawn from that charity partner or sponsor. The withdrawn Charity Places will first be offered to another charity or sponsor for reallocation, before being released to members of the public for general sale.
2. EVENT SAFETY
- By submitting an application, the Entrant is warranting to the Event Organiser that they are physically fit and in good health to participate in the Event, and able to complete the half marathon within 3 hours and full marathon within 6 hours. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to seek medical advice prior to submitting an application or participating in the Event.
- Entrants must notify the Event Organiser of any medical conditions in advance of taking part in the Event by completing the relevant Medical Information sections of the Event online applications during registration. No entry will be accepted until the Event Organiser has confirmed in writing that the Entrant is not excluded from the Event on the basis of the information provided to the Event Organiser (Please note that you may be required to supply the Event Organiser with a medical certificate signed by your doctor confirming that you are fit to take part in the event).
- At all times during the Event, Entrants must adhere to all instructions given by the Event Officials.
- During the Event, the following items shall be prohibited:
(a) Pets or animals
(b) An artificial aid including but not limited to baby joggers, baby strollers, pushchairs, skateboards, rollerblades, stilts, crutches, unauthorised bicycles, mobility scooters
(c) Any other wheeled device save for (a) authorised and registered competitive wheelchair Entrants using a self-propelled wheelchair without gears or any mechanical, powered or electronic aid and (b) authorised course marshals on bicycles shall be permitted
(d) Any item which, when being used whilst participating in the Event, could be deemed to be dangerous to other Entrants. The Event Operator shall reserve the right to confiscate any item which it deems unsuitable to be used whilst participating in the Event
(e) Earphones or headphones, including bone conducting headphones; it is very important that you are able to hear clearly any verbal instructions that the police and our Event Officials may need to give you. If Entrants are observed using these during the Event the Event Officials shall be entitled to disqualify them from the Event.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved.
- Entrants will be issued with a timing chip at the Event. Entrants will be responsible for wearing the timing chip during the Event in accordance with any instructions provided by Event Officials. Entrants must not cover their race number with outer clothing when running as this may invalidate the timing chip. It is a condition of the Event that Entrants are recorded passing any timing or recording points on the route.
3. EVENT FEE
- Entrants for the Event shall be required to make a payment of either £30 (non-affiliated Entrants) OR £28 (Entrants affiliated to UK Athletics Club) as an entrance fee to the half marathon, and £38 (non-affiliated Entrants) OR £36 (Entrants affiliated to UK Athletics Club) as an entrance fee to the full marathon (“Event Fee”).
- In addition to the Event Fee, Entrants will be required to pay a non-refundable online registration fee to Active Network of £1 per transaction, plus the equivalent to 5.85% of the total transaction including any merchandise or additional purchases.
- Once an Entrant has been awarded a place in the Event, the Event Fee shall become non-refundable save for the Event Organiser shall be entitled at its sole discretion to refund the Event Fee in exceptional circumstances.
4. EVENT REJECTION AND EJECTION
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to decline your request to register and participate in the Event. Your entitlement to participate depends on the Event Organiser being satisfied that there are no circumstances under which it ought to properly decline your participation in the Event. The Event Organiser’s decision on your participation shall be final and binding. In any circumstances where the Event Organiser decides that you may not participate in the Event your registration fee will be refunded to you in full.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse permission for an Entrant to participate in the Event if:
(a) It deems that the Entrant’s actions have caused or are likely to cause injury to themselves or other Entrants, damage to property or the environment, offence or a risk to health and safety
(b) The Entrant fails to follow the instructions of Event Officials
(c) It deems that Entrant is unfit to participate in the Event due to either illness or injury (without accepting responsibility for ensuring that the Entrant is fit to participate), or if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
(d) The Entrant fails to arrive at the start location, or the shuttle bus pick up point (where applicable), at the required time as set out on the Event website and in the Event Pack.
- In the event that the Event Organiser refuses permission for an Entrant to participate in the Event, the Entrant must co-operate with the instruction of Event Officials in relation to their withdrawal from the Event.
- All Entrants are required to complete the contact and medical details on the back of their race number before competing in the Event. This is a requirement of participation and may be checked by Event Officials prior to the start.
5. CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
- The Event Organiser shall be entitled to cancel/rearrange the Event for any of the following reasons:
(a) Circumstances beyond the control of the Event Organiser occur (including but not limited to a Force Majeure Event) the effect of which prevents or has the potential to prevent the operation of the Event
(b) The Event Organiser deems, in its reasonable opinion, that the Event should be cancelled/rearranged.
- Should the Event Organiser cancel/rearrange the Event for whatever reason it shall endeavour to contact all Entrants as soon as is reasonably practicable to inform them of the cancellation.
- If the Event is to be rearranged, Entrants shall receive the option to participate in a rearranged Event or to receive a refund of the applicable Event Fee. If the Entrant chooses to participate in a rearranged Event, the Event Organiser shall transfer the entry free of charge.
- If the Event is cancelled, Entrants shall receive a refund of the applicable Event Fee.
- The Event Organiser shall have no liability to the Entrant for any costs incurred in relation to the Event including but not limited to any costs of travel or accommodation or any donations/pledges by reason of the Event being cancelled or rearranged.
6. CHANGES TO THE EVENT
- Save for the provisions in clause 5 the Event Organiser shall be entitled to amend any detail of the Event (including but not limited to the date of the Event, the course route or the course distance of the Event) at its own discretion, without any liability to Entrants.
- Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with clause 6.1 for the avoidance of doubt the Entrant agrees that the event will still go ahead and the Event Organiser will not be liable for any refund.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By submitting an application, the Entrant is acknowledging and agrees that they are aware that the Event may be photographed, filmed or broadcast by the Event Organiser, Event Partners, Event sponsors and/or third parties. The Entrant consents to the Event Organiser, Event Partners and any Event sponsors using or storing such photos/film in connection with the reporting of the Event and for any other purpose permitted in accordance with clause 7.7.
- The Entrant agrees that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that it makes of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- Upon submitting an application to the Event, the Entrant will supply Personal Information and Medical Information to Active Network, which will be passed to the Event Organiser.
- Medical Information may be used to allow medical assistance to be given to Entrants. In the event of serious injury or hospitalisation the Entrant agrees to the sharing of their Personal and Medical information between the NHS, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of the Entrant’s medical care. The Event Organiser will only be permitted to discuss such matters with any Event medical director, Event medical team, Event management team, NHS, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of the Entrant’s medical care and those names as the Entrant’s next of kin or person to contact in the event of an emergency upon entering the Event.
- Entrants agree that the Medical and/or Personal Information relating to them can be stored, used by the Event Organiser and Event Partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event
- Entrants agree that the Personal Information relating to them may be used by the Event Organiser in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- The Event Organiser, Event Partners or Event sponsors may film or photograph Entrants volunteers and spectators taking part or attending the Event and use such footage or photographs for the following reasons:
(a) for the Event Organiser to publicise the Event for commercial and/or marketing purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, merchandising
(b) promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities or local attractions organised by the Event Organiser and other documents that may be made available to the public; and
(c) for Event Partners and Event sponsors to publicise their involvement and/or association with the Event
- Entrants agree that their name and contact details can be used by the Event Organiser for the purposes of adding Entrants to a mailing list to keep them informed about any future events and services which it believes the Entrant might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities.
- Entrants agree that their Personal Information may be published as part of the results of the Event.
- Entrants agree that the Personal Information may be used by the Official Race Photographer for the purpose of matching any photos taken during the Event to each Entrant (“Permitted Purpose”). The Official Race Photographer shall delete such Personal Information following completion of the Permitted Purpose.
- Entrants shall be entitled to refuse/remove consent for the Event Organiser to use their name and contact details for the purpose of creating a mailing list by emailing email@example.com, or clicking an unsubscribe link in any Marketing Information.
- Save in the event of any negligent or wilful act or omission on its or their part, neither the Event Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees, or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to the Entrant for death or personal injury, or damage to the Entrant’s property or for any other loss of whatever nature suffered thereby whether during preparation for the Event, during the Event, or after the Event.
- In no event shall the Event Organiser be liable to an Entrant whether for the cancellation/rearranging of the Event, breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
8.2.1 loss or damage;
8.2.2 loss of profit;
8.2.3 loss of reputation;
8.2.4 loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
8.2.5 loss of anticipated savings;
8.2.6 pledges made on the Entrant’s behalf or by the Entrant to charity;
8.2.7 any costs incurred in relation to attending the Event
8.2.8 consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:(a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit the Event Organiser’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 8.2, neither the Event Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to the Entrant for any actions of any spectators or any third party at the Event.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and/or its employees and agents, licensee and assignees and sponsors and medical advisers from and against all costs, claims, demands (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of matters for which the Entrant is liable under these Entry Conditions.
9. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- If there is a conflict or inconsistency between any provision contained in the body of these Conditions of Entry and any condition in the Event Pack, the Conditions of Entry shall prevail.
- These Entry Conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If any provision of these Entry Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
- This agreement does not create, confer or purport any benefit or right enforceable by any person not a party to it.
- This Event is being held under UK Athletics rules.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org