Find out whether you are entitled to financial support.
You may be entitled to financial support if you have a disability, are ill, or if you care for someone. It also provides you with additional income if you are unemployed and looking for work, if your earnings are low, if you are bringing up children, or if you are retired.
The amount of benefit awarded is dependent on a number of factors:
- The income (i.e. wages, benefits, self-employment) of yourself, your partner and any other adults in the household
- The savings (i.e. bank and building society accounts, shares, additional property/land) of yourself, your partner and any other adults in the household
- The age of yourself and your partner
- The size and composition of your family
- Special circumstances, such as illness or disability
- How much rent and/or council tax you pay
Special rules apply for full time students and people from abroad, please contact us if you require further information about these.
You can gain an estimate of the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support you could get by accessing the online calculator.Online Calculator