The Big Society Awards 2018

Get your nominations in to North Norfolk District Council’s Big Society Awards to celebrate your local hero.

If your circumstances have changed you need to let us know so we can calculate the right amount of benefits for you.

You can telephone or write to us in the Benefits Department to inform us of a change.

Changes that you need to tell us about

Below are some examples of the types of changes you should tell us about:

  • If any benefits that you receive change or stop, such as:
    • Job Seekers Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Employment Support Allowance
    • Pension Credits
    • Child Benefit
    • Child / Working Tax Credits
  • Wages go up or down
  • Pension goes up or down
  • Capital goes up or down
  • If your capital go above £16,000
  • A change to the number of people living with you
  • A change in the wages of someone who lives with you
  • Temporarily absent from home
  • Your rent goes up or down
  • You move house
  • Going into hospital, care home or sheltered accommodation
  • Having a baby
  • Your partner or someone you live with is dying
  • Your child turning 18

The information above does not cover all of the changes you should inform us about. If you are unsure whether or not we need to know about a particular change tell us anyway.

If a change will mean that you receive more benefit, we will only update your payment from the Monday after you tell us about it, unless you tell us within one month of the change.

If you do tell us about the change within one month or if the change will mean that you will receive less benefit, your claim will be updated from the Monday after the change, this may mean you have been paid too much and you will be required to repay any overpayments.

How to tell us about changes?

By phone

Tell us about changes over the telephone on 01263 516349.

By email


To tell us about a change by post

You can tell us about any changes by post by filling in the change of details form. Please post to the following address:

Benefits Department
North Norfolk District Council
Council Offices
Holt Road
NR27 9EN

Supporting documents

You will need to supply evidence to support the change - if you are unclear on what evidence might be required please contact us for advice. If you have no supporting evidence do not delay in telling us about the change. You can provide it at a later date.

Please be aware that only original documents can be accepted. These can either be delivered by hand (where they will be checked and returned while you wait). Or you can send the documents to us by post to the Benefits Department, North Norfolk District Council, Council Offices, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN.