Norfolk County Council Trading Standards are highlighting the latest consumer scams in Norfolk.
People are being asked to nominate a project or a person that has made a difference in their community by 17 October 2018
Do you know someone who deserves to be thanked for the work they do in the community or an organisation which deserves praise?
North Norfolk District Council is organising a Big Society Awards Night to thank the people and the projects that help to create a strong community.
The Big Society Awards Night, will be held at Sheringham Little Theatre on 29 November 2018 to celebrate the Big Society community spirit that helps to make North Norfolk such a great place to live.
Categories open to public nomination are:
- Big Society Community Project Award for projects that are based in or benefit people in the district.
- Big Society Voluntary Services Award for Sport for someone who has made an outstanding contribution to sport in the district.
- Big Society Voluntary Services Award - Young People for someone who has made an outstanding contribution for young people in the district.
- Big Society Voluntary Services Award - Older People for someone who has made an outstanding contribution for older people in the district.
- Big Society Voluntary Services Award - Good Neighbourhood for someone who has made an outstanding contribution to their neighbourhood.
NNDC will also be inviting projects which were awarded a Big Society Fund grant between June 2016 and June 2018 to make nominations in two other categories which are:
- *Outstanding Contribution to a Big Society Funded Project by an Adult
- *Outstanding Contribution to a Big Society Funded Project by a Young Person aged under 18
*NNDC will be writing to the projects to ask for nominations directly.
Cllr John Lee, Leader of North Norfolk District Council and Chairman of the Big Society Fund Panel, said “Being involved with these awards is one of the highlights of my job. There are so many people who make such a difference across North Norfolk, and these awards offer the chance for us to recognise all their good work.
“I am looking forward to what will no doubt be a very difficult judging process!”
Since 2012 the Big Society Fund has funded over 232 community projects to date to the tune of £1,764,481 that have helped improve or support the wellbeing of our communities. These include the provision of new play and recreational areas, creation of new community amenities, updated village halls, improved sport facilities, increased people’s involvement in their communities through volunteering and enabled new groups and activities to be set up that have benefitted some of our most vulnerable residents.
This will be the third time a Big Society Awards event has been held.
Nominations are now closed.