Budget Proposals - Your Questions Answered
Budget Q and A - What Do You Think?
Rural rate relief is available for certain types of businesses situated within a rural settlement; a parish of 3,000 people or less. There are 152 rural settlements in North Norfolk.
How do I qualify for this relief?
Qualifying businesses are:
- The sole General Store with a rateable value below £8,500.
- The sole Post Office with a rateable value below £8,500
- Any food shop (excluding confectionery stores, take-aways and restaurants) with a rateable value below £8,500
- The sole Public House with a rateable value below £12,500
- The sole Petrol Filling Station with a rateable value below £12,500
How much relief would I get?
If you meet one of the above criteria you will be entitled to 50% Mandatory Relief on your Non Domestic Rates bill. Consideration may be given to granting up to an additional 30% Discretionary relief.
Shops or Post Offices with a rateable value of £8,500 to £16,499 are not entitled to Mandatory Relief but consideration will be given to granting up to 50% Discretionary Relief.
How to apply for rural rate relief
Read the guidance notes and policy statement in the sidebar and complete the application form below.