Rural rate relief is available for certain types of businesses situated within a rural settlement; a parish of 3,000 people or less. There are 152 rural settlements in North Norfolk.
How do I qualify for this relief?
Qualifying businesses are:
- The sole General Store with a rateable value below £8,500.
- The sole Post Office with a rateable value below £8,500
- Any food shop (excluding confectionery stores, takeaways and restaurants) with a rateable value below £8,500
- The sole Public House with a rateable value below £12,500
- The sole Petrol Filling Station with a rateable value below £12,500
How much relief would I get?
If you meet one of the above criteria with effect from 1st April 2017 you will be entitled to 100% Relief on your Non Domestic Rates bill. 50% of this relief will be granted under section 43 mandatory relief and 50% will be granted under section 47 discretionary relief.
Shops or Post Offices with a rateable value over £8,500 and Public Houses and Petrol Filling stations with a rateable value over to £12,500 are not entitled to Mandatory Relief but could be entitle to claim Small business Rate Relief.
How to apply for rural rate relief
Read the guidance notes / policy statement and complete one of the the application forms below.