The UK Government is changing how we vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.
Rural rate relief is available for certain types of businesses situated within a rural settlement; a parish of 3,000 people or less. There are 152 rural settlements in North Norfolk.
How do I qualify for this relief?
Qualifying businesses are:
- The sole General Store with a rateable value below £8,500.
- The sole Post Office with a rateable value below £8,500
- Any food shop (excluding confectionery stores, takeaways and restaurants) with a rateable value below £8,500
- The sole Public House with a rateable value below £12,500
- The sole Petrol Filling Station with a rateable value below £12,500
How much relief would I get?
If you meet one of the above criteria with effect from 1 April 2017 you will be entitled to 100% relief on your non-domestic rates bill. 50% of this relief will be granted under section 43 mandatory relief and 50% will be granted under section 47 discretionary relief.
Shops or Post Offices with a rateable value over £8,500 and Public Houses and Petrol Filling stations with a rateable value over to £12,500 are not entitled to mandatory relief but could be entitled to claim small business rate relief.
How to apply for rural rate relief
Complete one of the application forms below.