Your Questions Answered - Financial and Asset Commercialisation
Q and A - What Do You Think?
What is a concession?
A concession is a licence to trade in an open public space that is owned or managed by North Norfolk District Council. It usually refers to an identified site on a car park, promenade or parks and gardens. Concessions do not cover licences to trade on the highway or street trading.
Concessions include activities such as bouncy castles or trampolining, as well as hot and cold catering opportunities.
Our concessions based in a building are usually leased for a number of years whilst others such as mobile units are flexible, can operate anywhere within an agreed area and will be reviewed annually.
What is available?
We are currently exploring opportunities for increasing concessions across the District; primarily on the Council’s car parks but we are open to applications for other areas also. Applications for the 2017 summer season (April – September) need to be submitted as soon as possible and no later than Thursday 31st March 2017.
How do I apply?
Please complete the expressions of interest application form found via the link at the bottom of this page and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware we intend to get back to applicants within 3 weeks and approval is not guaranteed.
For your information, the process is as follows:
- Submit a concession expressions of interest form by the required date,
- The concessions group (a group of officers from various departments) will score the received tenders against each other using the scoring system,
- The highest scorer will be notified and offered a legal agreement; others will be notified that they were not successful,
- Terms will be agreed and finalised, then a written agreement will be drafted by us and signed by both parties, and finally
- The concession will begin on the applicable start date.
The concessionaire will also be responsible for all additional charges including, where available, arrangement of a Trade Waste Agreement for disposal of waste and any utilities.
Agreements are typically granted for one year but may be extended for a period of up to three consecutive years or seasons before being re-tendered. The agreement may be terminated before the end of the third year or season by either party giving the required notice.Download Expression of Interest Form