Our Commercial team, or Trading Standards at Norfolk County Council, investigate food complaints when the food has been bought in north Norfolk.

  • If the food is mislabelled or if the complaint is about the quality of the food then Trading Standards will handle the complaint.
  • If food is a health risk (for example, undercooked), unfit, mouldy, has a foreign object in it (e.g. glass) or has been sold after the use-by date then we will deal with the complaint.

If you want to make a complaint about food, please contact us. 

If you have the food at home, seal it in a plastic bag and place in your freezer.

Our information sheet details how we investigate food complaints.