Apply to cut down or carry out tree surgery to a protected tree

If you would like to carry out work to a protected tree you can make an application online using the Planning Portal.

The Planning Portal Help Document - Application for Tree Works may assist you in filling out the 'Proposed Tree Work' form and you should note the validation requirements 31.


Alternative Application Methods

You can also fill out the Government 1APP form 31 - Application for tree works: Works to Trees Subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and/or Notification of Proposed Works to Trees in Conservation Areas (CA) which is available to download through the Planning Portal.