The North Norfolk Discretionary Grant Scheme is intended to support certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the earlier business grant funds scheme. The scheme is aligned with Government guidance which has stipulated a number of key conditions and sector priorities.
The Government have advised that grants should be primarily and predominantly aimed at:
- Small and micro businesses
- Businesses with relatively high ongoing fixed property-related costs
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
The Government have further stipulated that grant funding is for businesses that are not eligible for other support schemes. Businesses which are eligible for cash grants from any central government COVID-related scheme are ineligible for funding from the Discretionary Grants Fund. Such grant schemes include but are not limited to:
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS)
- The Zoos Support Fund
- The Dairy Hardship Fund
The following business types are eligible to apply for this scheme:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include mills, units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as pitch fees or storage costs, who do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates;
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
- Businesses which are wholly involved in the hospitality, leisure and events industry but do not have a business premises open to visiting members of the public.
- Public Houses with a rateable value of £51,000 or higher
- Hotels with a rateable value of £51,000 or higher
- Day Nursery Premises
Businesses who do not fall within these categories will not be able to apply for this grant.
You will need to provide a number of supporting documents with your application. These documents are listed within the Grant Guidance. Please have these documents to hand before you commence the application form as you will require this information.
Applications have now closed