To ensure that the grant is allocated efficiently and in accordance with the Government’s identified priority sectors, the grant has been delivered in two phases.
Who can apply
This was initially open to applications between 3 June and 21 June to support a number of business sectors. However, we are pleased to confirm that to coincide with Phase 2 of the grant, we have re-opened Phase 1 of the grant and are happy to accept applications from the following eligible businesses:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include mills, units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as pitch fees or storage costs, who do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates;
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
- Businesses which are wholly involved in the hospitality, leisure and events industry but do not have a business premises open to visiting members of the public.
- Public Houses with a rateable value of £51,000 or higher.
- Hotels with a rateable value of £51,000 or higher.
- Day Nursery Premises
Businesses who do not fall within these categories will not be able to apply for this grant.
Before applying please read the Phase 1 Grant Guidance in full.
Making an application
In order to complete your application you will need to provide a number of supporting documents. These documents are listed below and within the Grant Guidance. Please have these documents to hand before you start the application as they will be needed to help you complete your application and you will be required to send these items as part of your grant application.
These documents include:
- Bank statements
- Evidence of fixed costs (a minimum of 2 recent statements, 1 for market traders)
Food Preparation businesses
Please provide the following 2 documents:
- Your Council registration details as a food business
- And/or Food Hygiene Certificate (food preparing personnel) as applicable.