Our Cromer office is open for prearranged appointments or urgent enquiries.
We can offer a way of letting your property to assist households who are currently homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Our service is completely free, meaning no letting agency fees and no hidden costs! (Charges apply if we advertise your property on our dedicated website).
How does our scheme work?
If you wish to let your property you will need to register your property with the scheme. We will undertake a Land Registry check to confirm you are the owner and permitted to let the property. One of our team will come out to inspect your property, to make sure it meets decent standards of Health and Safety.
It is not a comprehensive survey of the condition of your property. You will need to make sure that maintenance and repairs are regularly undertaken. Also the property is to the required condition for letting throughout the tenancy. You will need to meet your obligations as a landlord as required by law. And keep to the terms of any tenancy agreement you may enter into.
To register with the scheme. We will need the following information from you:
- Copy of a photographic ID (driving licence or passport)
- Valid gas safety certificate (if there is gas to the property)
- Valid five year electrical certificate
- Valid energy performance certificate (rating E or above)
We will then provide you with contact details for nominated tenants. You then arrange viewings directly between yourself and the nominated tenant. We will then arrange for a convenient time for the sign up.
Finding a tenant
We can check basic information for potential tenants then provide you with a list of tenants. You choose who you would like to rent your property to, unless you would like us to select a tenant for you.
We can also provide:
- a basic health and safety inspection of your property.
- a tenancy sign up (if required) and assist with Housing Benefit applications/signpost to support for tenants who need to apply for Universal Credit.
- a tenancy agreement and other related paperwork.
- a full inventory with photographs
- advice about tenancy agreements, beginning and ending of tenancies as well as tenancy related issues
- end of tenancy inspections, if required.
Leasing your property to us
If you lease the property to us for use as emergency accommodation to families, we will arrange for the following:
- Our legal services will raise a lease document for you to sign.
- Guarantee that the rent will be paid for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Assurance that your property will be returned to you at the end of the term in the same condition as we took it over (less any fair wear and tear).
- A basic health and safety inspection of your property.
- A full inventory with photographs.
- End of tenancy inspections.
Landlords must be aware of their legal obligation to repair the property. The landlord is always responsible for repairs to:
- structure and exterior of the dwelling
- basins, sinks, baths and other sanitary installations in the property
- heating and hot water installations
- gas installations and appliances provided with the tenancy
- electrical systems and appliances provided with the tenancy
- fire safety inspections
- legionella testing (if applicable)
Landlords will be required to provide the tenant with:
- A contact address in the UK for the service of notices.
- Contact details, including emergency contact details for when they are unavailable.
- 24 hours’ notice when access to the property is required (except in the case of an emergency).
- Regular property inspections during the tenancy (in certain circumstances we can undertake these on your behalf).
As a tenant you must keep to the terms of your tenancy agreement and need to:
- Pay your rent on time and maintain payments towards their deposits.
- Maintain good relationships with neighbours. Also not allow any visitors to the property to cause disturbance.
- Report any repairs needed to your landlord.
- Engage with your landlord and the Private Rented Housing Team as appropriate.
If you would like to discuss working with us to let your property please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 516375.