Support is available to help vulnerable individuals and families access housing-related services to enable them to live independently in the community.

What support could I receive?

Housing-related support services do not include personal care services like help with washing or dressing but do include:

  • Help filling in applications for benefit
  • Help managing your budget
  • Help planning meals, cleaning, laundry and shopping
  • Help keeping to your tenancy conditions
  • Help establishing social contacts and activities
  • Emotional support
  • Advice and advocacy, ranging from managing medication to using public transport

Am I eligible?

Support is available to individuals aged 16 or over as well as families. People likely to receive support include:

  • Older people
  • Those with physical or learning disabilities
  • Those with mental health problems
  • Those with drug and alcohol-related problems
  • Women and their families fleeing domestic violence
  • Homeless people

If you think you need, or would benefit from supported housing, please contact North Norfolk District Council’s Housing Options team on 01263 516375.

Eligibility will usually be determined by the landlord organisation or the support provider. Some supported housing (sheltered housing and housing with care) is allocated through the North Norfolk Housing Register 'Your Choice Your Home’ scheme.