Norfolk County Council Trading Standards are highlighting the latest consumer scams in Norfolk.
A Local Development Order (LDO) grants planning permission for specific developments, meaning that it is not necessary for investors / occupiers to submit planning applications for their proposals.
LDOs last for a specific amount of time and are developed in consultation with all stakeholders.
Development proposals which do not fall within the carefully prescribed definitions provided by the LDO will need to secure some other form of planning permission – i.e. through a planning application made to North Norfolk District Council; or as may be granted consent under the Town and Country Planning General Permitted Development Order (GDPO).
Egmere Local Development Order
NNDC wishes to secure as many economic and employment benefits from offshore wind developments for north Norfolk as possible.
The Council, working with local partners, particularly the Wells Harbour Commissioners and the Holkham and Walsingham Estates, wishes to create and promote a positive environment for inward investment by wind energy companies and their sub-contractors through a number of activities including the following.
- Identifying appropriate land and property opportunities.
- Simplifying the local planning regime.
- Coordinating supply chain and cluster development.
- Promoting skills development among local people.
The opportunities presented by the offshore wind and wider renewable energy sector are expected to diversify and develop the local economy. The designation of an LDO at Egmere is a key element of the Council’s ‘offer’ to such investors.
- Egmere Local Development Order (Adopted August 2014)
- Appendix A - Plan of Egmere LDO
- Appendix B - Aerial Site Photograph
- Appendix C - Illustrative Layout
- Appendix D - Design Code and Planting Palette
- Appendix E - Commencement Notice
- Appendix F - Environment Agency Conditions
This LDO will be operative for an initial period of five years from the date of adoption and may then be reviewed and extended.