Big Society Fund
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is keen to support town and parish councils, community groups and organisations.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based within north Norfolk; including town and parish councils, and has been set up to help build strong communities across the district.
Since the Fund started in 2012 NNDC has awarded over £1,236,852 to over 158 community projects including:
- 60 grants totalling approximately £397,051 to Sports and Recreation projects such as skate parks, play areas outdoor gyms, multi-use games areas.
- 64 grants totalling approximately £437,712 to improve community facilities and services such as village and community halls, sports clubs, Coast Watch look out posts and emergency response services.
- 28 grants totalling approximately £182,839 for cultural initiatives including music and orchestral projects, community cinema and theatre.
- 6 grants totalling approximately £220,050 for direct support to community infrastructure, social enterprise and community business support, affordable housing initiatives, and to helping community projects develop and become sustainable.
The committee which oversees the grants meets four times a year. The June 2016 Panel approved grants totalling £65,644. The awards are subject to each group agreeing to formal terms and conditions.
BSF grant awards in this round were awarded to:
- Bale Village Hall (£12,000) towards new DDA compliant toilets.
- Bodham Village Hall (£7,000) towards new toilets.
- Briston Wanderers Football Club (£3,000) to purchase new goal post and pitch marking machine
- Active Fakenham (£3,872) to purchase 3 smoothie bikes, table, chairs, decorated gazebo, board & feather flag, cool boxes and ice carrier.
- Sea Palling with Waxham PCC (£1,200) towards a safe access route for all ages and abilities to the church room and the Nissen Hut.
- Activating CIC Pedal Park (£8,000) towards the purchase of bikes for people with disabilities/additional needs.
- Southrepps Parish Council (£2,230) to purchase and install a secure alarmed storage container for equipment, utensils and ancillary items for Southrepps Common working parties.
- Stiffkey Parish Council (£572) to purchase fencing and a communal shed for the new allotment area.
- Stiffkey Social Services Committee (£8,770) to purchase 2 nursery swings, 2 flat seat swings and a woodland twin tower climber.
- Thursford Parochial Church Council (£13,000) towards the purchase installation of a kitchen in the church.
- Withergate Rifle and Pistol Club (£6,000) towards the reconnection of the club to a mains electrical power supply.
Who can apply?
The Fund is available for projects that support people and activities within the North Norfolk District geographical area, for example:
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within north Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply - find more details in the prospectus.
Making an application
Prior to submitting an application, please contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173 to discuss the project for which funding is being applied for.
The following documents can be downloaded to help you make an application to the Fund.
All electronic applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details in the sidebar.
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time. The Big Society Fund Grants Panel meets quarterly and applicants will be informed of the decision within a week of the decision being made.
Applications will need to reach us by the 8th August 2016 in order to go to the Big Society Fund Grant Panel on the 5th September 2016.