Big Society Fund
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is keen to support town and parish councils, community groups and organisations.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based within north Norfolk; including town and parish councils, and has been set up to help build strong communities across the district.
Since the Fund started in 2012 NNDC has awarded over £1,299,932 to over 164 community projects including:
- 62 grants totalling approximately £417,051 to Sports and Recreation projects such as skate parks, play areas outdoor gyms, multi-use games areas.
- 68 grants totalling approximately £480792 to improve community facilities and services such as village and community halls, sports clubs, Coast Watch look out posts and emergency response services.
- 28 grants totalling approximately £182,839 for cultural initiatives including music and orchestral projects, community cinema and theatre.
- 6 grants totalling approximately £220,050 for direct support to community infrastructure, social enterprise and community business support, affordable housing initiatives, and to helping community projects develop and become sustainable.
The committee which oversees the grants meets four times a year. The September 2016 Panel approved grants totalling £63,080. The awards are subject to each group agreeing to formal terms and conditions.
BSF grant awards in this round were awarded to:
- Briston Parish Council (£7,831.48) towards the installation of a new heating system in Briston Pavilion.
- Mundesley Coronation Hall (£15,000) towards the refurbishment of the kitchen facilities including new and improved appliances.
- Field Dalling with Saxlingham Village Hall (£5,248.26) towards creating 2 separate toilets from the existing single toilet, one of which is for the use of people with disabilities.
- Cromer Community Association CIO (£15,000) towards the upgrade of the electrical system providing power in the main hall and installing a permanent PA and music system at the Garden Street Community Centre.
- Bradfield Cricket Club (£15,000) towards the rebuilding and modernisation of the clubhouse to include separate changing / showering facilities for both males and females adults and those under 18 and disabled access to the club house.
- Melton Constable Parish Council (£5,000) towards creating a new area dedicated to Football/ball games for 9 - 13 year olds.
Who can apply?
The Fund is available for projects that support people and activities within the North Norfolk District geographical area, for example:
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within north Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply - find more details in the prospectus.
Making an application
Prior to submitting an application, please contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173 to discuss the project for which funding is being applied for.
The following documents can be downloaded to help you make an application to the Fund.
All electronic applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details in the sidebar.
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time. The Big Society Fund Grants Panel meets quarterly and applicants will be informed of the decision within a week of the decision being made.
Applications will need to reach us by the 7th November 2016 in order to go to the Big Society Fund Grant Panel on the 5th December 2016..