Big Society Fund
Volunteer Awards – Call for Public Nominations
Do you know someone who deserves to be thanked for the work they do in the community or an organisation which deserves praise? For further information visit our Big Society Fund Volunteer Awards page
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is keen to support town and parish councils, community groups and organisations.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based within north Norfolk; including town and parish councils, and has been set up to help build strong communities across the district.
Since the Big Society Fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,366,986 to 173 community projects:
- In 2012 - 2013 the Fund was £423,000. There were 47 awards made totalling £394,037
- In 2013 - 2014 the Fund was £450,000. There were 37 awards made totalling £424,441
- In 2014 - 2015 the Fund was £225,000. There were 36 awards made totalling £192,793
- In 2015 - 2016 the Fund was £225,000. There were 26 awards made totalling £154,438
- In 2016-2017 the Fund was £225,000. To date 27 awards have been made totalling £201,007
The Big Society Grant Fund Panel is a politically balanced group made up of 7 elected members selected by Full Council. The Panel meets four times a year; June, September, December and March. The outcome of grant applications are determined by the panel and reported to the NNDC Cabinet through the Minutes of the Meeting.
In December 2016 the Panel approved grants totalling £72,283, all awards are subject to each organisation agreeing to and signing formal Terms and Conditions.
BSF grant awards in this round were awarded to:
- Cromer Lawn Tennis & Squash Association (£11,198.45) towards the refurbishment of the Squash/Racketball courts and improving the shower facilities.
- 2534 (Fakenham) Squadron - Air Training Corps (£12,000) towards the Adventure Training equipment and clothing for cadets taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
- High Kelling Village Hall (£5,000) to connect the Village Hall foul water to the main drainage sewage system.
- Holt Rugby Football Club (£10,000) towards the refurbishing and replacement of the training ground pitches floodlights.
- Holt Town Council (£10,000) towards the purchase and installation of 24 brass plaques and 6 noticeboards for the Holt Heritage Owl Trail.
- Age Concern North Norfolk (£3,896.46) towards the purchase of 10 x Laptops and software (MS Office and Internet Security licences), Laptop Cases, Mice, Mouse Mats, Memory sticks, printer, print cartridges and paper for the Intergenerational Learning Project.
- 1st Rural Roughton Mill Scout Group (£6,558) to purchase 10 replacement single paned, wooden framed windows for the Mill Tower.
- Sharrington Village Hall (£8,787.18) to replace glass in the village hall windows, purchase new energy efficient lighting and heating, install a new dishwasher and replace the cooker.
- Sutton Village Hall (£2,270.80) to replace the existing not fit for purpose wall mounted heaters with electric cool touch radiators.
- Wells in Bloom (2,572.34) to replace 20 worn out tubs and planters situated across Wells next the Sea with 13 larger and more robust planters.
Who can apply?
The Fund is available for projects that support people and activities within the North Norfolk District geographical area, for example:
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within north Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply - find more details in the prospectus.
Making an application
Prior to submitting an application, please contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173 to discuss the project for which funding is being applied for.
The following documents can be downloaded to help you make an application to the Fund.
All electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com. If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details in the sidebar.
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time. The Big Society Fund Grants Panel meets quarterly and applicants will be informed of the decision within a week of the decision being made.
Applications will need to reach us by the 6th February 2017 in order to go to the Big Society Fund Grant Panel on the 6th March 2017..