Big Society Fund
Volunteer Awards – Call for Public Nominations
Do you know someone who deserves to be thanked for the work they do in the community or an organisation which deserves praise? For further information visit our Big Society Fund Volunteer Awards page
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is keen to support town and parish councils, community groups and organisations.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based within north Norfolk; including town and parish councils, and has been set up to help build strong communities across the district.
Since the Big Society Fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,294,433 to 163 community projects:
- In 2012 - 2013 the Fund was £423,000. There were 47 awards made totalling £394,037
- In 2013 - 2014 the Fund was £450,000. There were 37 awards made totalling £424,441
- In 2014 - 2015 the Fund was £225,000. There were 36 awards made totalling £192,793
- In 2015 - 2016 the Fund was £225,000. There were 26 awards made totalling £154,438
- In 2016-2017 the Fund was £225,000. To date 17 awards have been made totalling £128,724
The Big Society Grant Fund Panel is a politically balanced group made up of 7 elected members selected by Full Council. The Panel meets four times a year; June, September, December and March. The outcome of grant applications are determined by the panel and reported to the NNDC Cabinet through the Minutes of the Meeting.
In September 2016 the Panel approved grants totalling £63,080, all awards are subject to each organisation agreeing to and signing formal Terms and Conditions.
BSF grant awards in this round were awarded to:
- Briston Parish Council (£7,831.48) towards the installation of a new heating system in Briston Pavilion.
- Mundesley Coronation Hall (£15,000) towards the refurbishment of the kitchen facilities including new and improved appliances.
- Field Dalling with Saxlingham Village Hall (£5,248.26) towards creating 2 separate toilets from the existing single toilet, one of which is for the use of people with disabilities.
- Cromer Community Association CIO (£15,000) towards the upgrade of the electrical system providing power in the main hall and installing a permanent PA and music system at the Garden Street Community Centre.
- Bradfield Cricket Club (£15,000) towards the rebuilding and modernisation of the clubhouse to include separate changing / showering facilities for both males and females adults and those under 18 and disabled access to the club house.
- Melton Constable Parish Council (£5,000) towards creating a new area dedicated to Football/ball games for 9 - 13 year olds.
Who can apply?
The Fund is available for projects that support people and activities within the North Norfolk District geographical area, for example:
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within north Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply - find more details in the prospectus.
Making an application
Prior to submitting an application, please contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173 to discuss the project for which funding is being applied for.
The following documents can be downloaded to help you make an application to the Fund.
All electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com. If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details in the sidebar.
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time. The Big Society Fund Grants Panel meets quarterly and applicants will be informed of the decision within a week of the decision being made.
Applications will need to reach us by the 6th February 2017 in order to go to the Big Society Fund Grant Panel on the 6th March 2017..