We’d love to welcome your school to Holt Country Park. Rangers will plan and lead a full or half day programme to fit your needs. We can accommodate groups of up to 90 and any age groups ranging from pre-school to GCSE. Our rangers can also suggest activities for pupil's unaccompanied studies.
The Ranger service includes teaching Environmental Education at Holt Country Park.
This aims to promote a healthy and caring interaction between the learning group and the natural environment.
£5.00 per child. Teachers and adults who accompany school trips gain free entry.
Programmes and Activities
- Wildlife in the Woods - birds and mammals, habitat study, tracks and trails, food webs, 'act as an animal'
- Trees - structure of trees, tree survey, conifers and broadleaved woods, bark and leaf rubbings, pests and fungi, fruit and seeds and life in the tree
- Sensory walks and games - unnature trail, woodland games, meet a tree, arty wildlife and story telling
- Building survival shelters - build a shelter out of woodland materials. No tools or string, just skill!
- Plants - how plants live in the woods, wild flowers, plant biology, seed dispersal, arty plants, insects
- Be a Ranger - learn new conservation skills, scrub bashing
- Insects and mini beasts - habitats and life cycles, bug watch and surveys, butterflies and moths
- Wayfaring - basic map reading, self guided trails, find objects in the park, fun way to explore the park
- Orienteering - advanced map work, code breaking, themed trails
- Water rockets - one litre plastic bottles required
To find out more or to arrange a booking please contact the Senior Countryside Supervisor.
Last updated: 25th January 2017