Have your say on the proposed changes to our public pay and display car parks and other areas.
We’d love to welcome your school to Holt Country Park. Rangers will plan and lead a full or half day programme to fit your needs. We can accommodate groups of up to 90 and any age groups ranging from pre-school to GCSE. Our rangers can also suggest activities for pupil's unaccompanied studies.
The Ranger service includes teaching Environmental Education at Holt Country Park. This aims to promote a healthy and caring interaction between the learning group and the natural environment.
£6.00 per child. Teachers and adults who accompany school trips gain free entry.
Programmes and Activities
- Wildlife in the Woods - birds and mammals, habitat study, tracks and trails, food webs, 'act as an animal'
- Trees - structure of trees, tree survey, conifers and broadleaved woods, bark and leaf rubbings, pests and fungi, fruit and seeds and life in the tree
- Sensory walks and games - unnature trail, woodland games, meet a tree, arty wildlife and story telling
- Building survival shelters - build a shelter out of woodland materials. No tools or string, just skill!
- Plants - how plants live in the woods, wild flowers, plant biology, seed dispersal, arty plants, insects
- Be a Ranger - learn new conservation skills, scrub bashing
- Insects and mini beasts - habitats and life cycles, bug watch and surveys, butterflies and moths
- Wayfaring - basic map reading, self guided trails, find objects in the park, fun way to explore the park
- Orienteering - advanced map work, code breaking, themed trails
- Water rockets - one litre plastic bottles required
To find out more or to arrange a booking please contact the Senior Countryside Supervisor.
Last updated: 24th May 2019