If you are having problems paying your bills you may wish to seek financial advice. The organisations listed below are independent and do not charge for their services. Always get free, independent advice before using a commercial service.

You may also wish to download advice on budgeting, provided by the Financial Conduct Authority

Independent financial advice

  • Citizens Advice, helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice, face-to-face at a Citizens Advice Bureau in your local area.
  • Debtline, offers free, confidential and independent advice to help people deal with their debt problems and regain control of their finances. Freephone: 0808 808 4000.
  • Norfolk County Council Debt and Money Advice, Norfolk County Council provide advice and links to helpful publications from their website.
  • StepChange Debt Charity, a national charity (formerly the Consumer Credit Counselling Service, or CCCS), that provides free debt advice. They can provide a debt management plan, or DMP, free of charge. Freephone: 0800 138 1111.
  • Money Advice Service, helps people manage their money. They do this directly through their own free and impartial advice service. They also work in partnership with other organisations to help people make the most of their money. They are an independent service, set up by government.

 Financial advice on the Government website