Regularisation Certificate

If you have previously carried out work without a Building Regulations application you can apply for a Regularisation Certificate by submitting a Regularisation Application.

You will need to provide full details and plans showing the work that was carried out and evidence to show when the works commenced along with payment of the relevant charge.

Once this information has been provided you may be required to open up and uncover the work so that it can be inspected and checked by the building control surveyor. Provided that the work is satisfactory a Regularisation Certificate will be issued.

We strongly advise that you contact the Building Control Section before the submission of a Regularisation Application as the issue of any certificate could be dependant upon remedial works being undertaken or in some cases work having to be exposed to prove compliance.