Whether you are a home owner, private or housing association tenant, or have no accommodation of your own, our Housing Services Team can offer advice to anyone who has a housing problem, and explore your housing options with you. The service is free of charge and confidential, and covers all sorts of housing issues, such as
- preventing homelessness
- how to deal with mortgage or rent arrears
- harassment and illegal eviction
- domestic violence and access to domestic violence alarms
- loss of tied accommodation
- loss of private rented accommodation
- debt advice
- relationship breakdowns
- claiming housing benefit
- assistance in completing a Housing Register application form
We aim, where possible, to prevent homelessness happening: if this is not possible, we aim to ensure that the best possible advice is available to assist you in securing accommodation. If you are homeless now or threatened with homelessness, it is important that you see a Housing Options Officer who will be able to assess whether North Norfolk District Council has a duty to secure accommodation for you.
If you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless our Advice about homelessness page contains information on how to get support and help.
Last updated: 24th April 2018