Following changes to the bin collection days, we are aware that there has been some disruption. Using our online form is the quickest way to let us know about a missed collection.
A personal licence is issued to any suitably qualified person over 18 years of age and enables that person to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol at a premises that holds a valid premises licence.
The Deregulation Act 2015 has removed the requirement to renew personal licences with effect from 1 April 2015.
A basic disclosure is required on application. You can apply online which also contains guidance on basic checks, and the information disclosed on a basic certificate. The basic disclosure is only valid if it is served on the Local Authority, along with the supporting application forms and relevant certificates, if it is less than one calendar month from its date of issue.
The qualification required for a personal licence is The Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders. Accredited personal licence qualification providers are: BIIAB, GQAL, EDI, NCFE and HABC. Organisations undertaking training for qualifications for personal licences in the local area are:
- Murray Thexton, Inn-Training, Norwich - 07795 326481
- City College, Norwich - 01603 773311
- CPL Training Group - 0151 650 6910 - Course details: Award for Personal Licence Holders
- Day Harvey, Day One Training, Suffolk - 07850 527717/07815 152892
- Great Yarmouth College - 01493 655261
- Howes Percival Solicitors, Great Yarmouth - 01603 762103
- Paul Byatt, Licensed Inn-Tuition, King's Lynn - 01553 630993
- Peter Lloyd Associates, Flempton, Suffolk - 01284 728552
The timescale for determining this application will be 28 days following the date of receipt of an acceptable and complete application by this Authority.
Last updated: 23rd May 2019