View the latest information on how North Norfolk is responding to the virus.
Proposals for development in the Countryside for the purposes of farm diversification (xlv) will be permitted provided that:
- it can be demonstrated that the proposal would make an ongoing contribution to sustaining the agricultural enterprise as a whole; and
- the proposal would not involve new-build development on undeveloped sites (xlvi) unless:
- it is directly related to the agricultural business, and
- the re-use and / or redevelopment of existing buildings on the holding for the intended use, in whole or in part, is not feasible; or
- an opportunity exists to demolish an existing structure and re-build in a more appropriate location; and
- in all cases the proposed floor space is less than 250sqm.
(xlv) The introduction of non-agricultural enterprises or novel agricultural enterprises into existing farm business / complex to support the agricultural enterprise.
(xlvi) An ‘undeveloped site’ is defined as land upon which no building or the substantial remains of a building currently stand(s).
Last updated: 14th May 2019