The UK Government is changing how we vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.
Policy SS14 Wells-next-the-sea
Wells is designated as a Secondary Settlement with a Small Town Centre. The following development is proposed:
- Between 2001 and 2021 a total of between 200 and 300 dwellings will be built. This will include 100 to 150 dwellings on newly identified Greenfield development sites well related to the built up area.
- Approximately 3 hectares of land will be identified for employment generating development comprising 3 hectares already in use or designated for this purpose.
- A site for a new car park with good access from the main approach roads and to the town centre will be allocated in the Site Specific Proposals document. This allocation should demonstrate no adverse impact on the North Norfolk Coast Special Protection Area.
- A Public Realm designation is defined to co-ordinate the use of areas where pedestrian access, informal recreation and appearance are crucial to the town’s attractiveness to residents and visitors.
- Important Approach Routes are designated to protect and enhance the setting and approaches into the town.