Free parking offered at Morris Street car park
The Council is required according to the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 to publish the following information annually.
- number of occasions they use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
- total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud
- total number of fraud cases investigated.
Since 1 April 2015 all potential Housing Benefit fraud issues have been referred to the Department of Work and Pension’s (DWP) Single Fraud Investigation Service (SFIS) who have sole responsibility for all investigative matters. The DWP does not report to North Norfolk District Council regarding all the outcomes or financial results of cases. The resources previously allocated for the detection of fraud were transferred to the DWP in April 2015 as part of this transfer of responsibilities, the information published below therefore relates to the final year (2014) before this transfer.
Open Government Licence
The data on this page is published under The Open Government Licence. This is a free open licence for public sector bodies to license the use and re-use of their information and data easily. If you are intending to use or re-use any of our data please note the conditions of the licence.
Last updated: 14th June 2018