Date published: 17th January 2024
The Coastwise team at North Norfolk District Council will be holding a series of ‘Coastwise Cafes’ – drop-in sessions where residents will have the opportunity to meet the team, discuss coastal erosion and their communities.
Coastwise Cafes will be held on the following dates:
- Friday January 26 at Trimingham Village Hall between 2pm and 7pm
- Tuesday January 30 at Walcott Village Hall between 2pm and 6:30pm
- Thursday February 1 at Wenn Evans Centre in Happisburgh between 2pm and 7pm
- Wednesday February 7 at Oddfellows Hall in Sheringham between 2pm and 7pm
- Monday February 12 at Overstrand Village Hall between 2pm and 7pm
Cllr Harry Blathwayt portfolio holder for Coast said:
“Everyone is welcome to attend any of our Coastwise Cafes – if you can’t make the one in your village, you’re welcome to any of the sessions, to meet the team and catch up on any of the exciting developments regarding Coastwise and how coastal transition is being managed in your community.
We look forward to welcoming you and inviting you to the discussions around the North Norfolk coastline”.
Everyone is welcome and refreshments will be provided, as well as interactive activities for children.
Coastwise is a new North Norfolk initiative to transition and prepare coastal communities where the coast is eroding - it is a nationally funded scheme through the Coastal Transition Acceleration Programme (CTAP) by DEFRA and the Environment Agency.
Find out more at www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/coastwise
Last updated: 17th January 2024