We recently sent people information about this review by letter. You now need to complete the form and confirm your circumstances.

Why are we doing the review?

We are reviewing Council Tax single person discounts to ensure our records are accurate and up to date.

You currently receive a 25% discount on your Council Tax because you previously stated you’re the only adult living at your property.

We know that most people are claiming the discount correctly. However, sometimes people forget to tell us when the number of adults living at their address changes. These changes may be because of the following:

  • a new partner has moved in
  • a relative has moved in
  • a child has turned 18

The review is managed on behalf of the Council by Datatank Ltd. You will receive a letter from this company showing a postal address: Income and Awards Review, Department S4D, Loughborough Road, Nottingham, NG2 7QP. 

How to respond

If you receive this letter, you must confirm who lives in your home. 

You can do this in one of the following ways:

By text

Use the number on the review form to text your response.


Complete the form online. You will need the Personal Identification Number (PIN) in your review letter.

Complete online form

Paper form

Fill in the form on the reverse of the letter and send it to the address supplied. 

Have you lost your letter?

Call 0808 178 8090.

Frequently asked questions

North Norfolk District Council is currently reviewing all single person discounts offered to residents who live alone. 

Occasionally circumstances may not be so easy to explain. To help in these situations, we have included the most frequently asked questions.

Why have I been sent this letter?

North Norfolk District Council is reviewing the circumstances of all people claiming the single person discount to verify your validity to claim a single person discount.

What happens if I don't complete the form?

We will assume that your situation has changed and will remove your discount, effective from the last time we checked your eligibility. We may remove this for several years, creating a backdated charge, and your new bill will confirm this charge. 

What credit information do you hold about me?

We don't hold any credit information. If you want to see your credit file, please contact any of the major credit reference agencies:

What happens if the form is returned after the 14 day deadline?

You will not be penalised if you return the form within a reasonable time. If the form is very late, you may receive a reminder letter. 

Why am I being asked to return my information to a Nottingham address?

A centrally-based local government scanning facility handles all returned forms. They then process the documents on behalf of local authorities.

What should I do if someone is using my address for correspondence only?

Include their name and main home address. If they do not have a main address, please provide details in the space provided.

Do I need to complete the form if I've already told the council about a change in circumstances?

Yes, include all the details of your current situation.

I receive mail for previous occupants. What should I do?

You must write on the envelope that the person no longer lives at the address and return it to the sender.

Am I no longer eligible if a friend stays with me 3 or 4 nights a week?

If someone stays with you for a short time or a few nights per week, please enter their details in Section B, including their main address. If they do not have a main address, please provide details in the space provided.

My circumstances are not covered in the examples above.

Please fill out the online form, and in the section 'Your situation,' select the fourth option, Other (My circumstances are not covered by the categories above and write an explanation of your current situation.