Temporary closure of 2 Cromer car parks

The closures will take place between 12 November and 13 November. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our residents.

Information about demolitions and dangerous structures

If you are concerned about the safety of a building, wall or structure, then contact the Environmental Protection team who will investigate whether it poses a hazard to public safety and, if necessary, make the structure safe.

Demolishing a building

If you intend to demolish a building you may be required to give us notice.

A demolition notice is not required for the following:

  • For the demolition of the internal part of a building, where the building is occupied and it is intended that it should continue to be occupied
  • Where the cubic content (as ascertained by external measurement) is not more than 1750 cubic feet (~50m3)
  • Where the building is a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage.
  • Where the building is an agricultural building, unless it is contiguous to another building that is not itself an agricultural building.

If you intend to undertake the demolition of a building that does not fall within any of the above categories, you should let us know. Download a demolition notice form with guidance notes and submit it at least six weeks before the demolition is carried out.

If you have not received a Section 81 notification confirming demolition can be undertaken, then you are not duly authorised to proceed. Failure to comply with this statement is a breach of the legislation and could result in prosecution.