View register of all assisted burials and find out what to do when someone dies

Where someone has died in your care or where there is no next of kin or known family members, or there would otherwise be no suitable funeral arrangements made for the deceased, please contact the Environmental Protection team to request a local authority assisted burial.

We will assess the details of each case and, if an assisted burial is granted, we will arrange for our contracted funeral director to collect the deceased.

The government's page shows you what to do when someone dies, such as, how to register the death, notify government departments and manage financial issues. 

View register of assisted burials