Contact us to report dead animals on public roads, pavements, verges or beaches.
You can report any dead animals you find on public roads, pavements, verges and beaches to the council. This includes wild animals like deer, badgers and foxes.
NNDC does not collect dead animals from private property or smaller wild animals such as rabbits and pheasants.
When you make a report
Please provide your:
- full name
- full address including your postcode
- home telephone number and a number which we can contact you on during normal office hours if this is different
- email address (if applicable)
- how you would like us to respond to you
- the type of animal and its location
You must stop and report the accident to the police if you hit any:
- cattle such as, cows
- donkeys and mules
You must do this as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.