Our Cromer office is open for prearranged appointments or urgent enquiries.
Housing Benefit can help you pay your rent if you have a low income or are claiming other benefits.
Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit. You will only be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You live with your partner and you are both state pension age
- You live with your partner, one of you is state pension age and one is working age, and you have been continuously in receipt of Guarantee Pension Credit since 14 May 2019
- You are receiving a benefit that includes a severe disability premium
- You stopped receiving a benefit that included a severe disability premium within the last month and are still eligible for a severe disability premium
- You are living in temporary accommodation which is being provided by North Norfolk District Council
- You are living in a refuge
- Your landlord is a county council, charity or housing association and they provide you with care, support and supervision (supported accommodation)
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you can apply for Universal Credit to help with help with your housing costs. Further information about Universal Credit is available on the Government website.
Last updated: 30th March 2020