North Norfolk Business Awards 2019

Now open for nominations

Universal Credit is a new working age benefit being introduced across the UK

It will eventually replace the following:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit

Universal Credit may help if you are on a low income or not working.

Everything you'll need to apply

 You will need:

  • Your national insurance number
  • Details of the bank, building society you wish your Universal Credit to be paid into
  • Your tenancy agreement if you have one
  • Details of saving and capital
  • Details of income
  • An e-mail address
  • Child care costs if you wish to apply for help with these
  • Proof of identity

When can I claim?

If you live in North Norfolk check your post code below for the date you can claim Universal credit from. If you wish to claim help with your rent before this date you should claim Housing Benefit.

Postcode Date you can claim
NR29 16 April 2018
NR20 5 13 June 2018
NR11 7, NR11 8, NR25 6, NR25 7, NR25 9, NR26 8, NR26 9, NR27 0, NR27 7, NR27 9  17 October 2018
PE31 6 14 November 2018
NR11 6, NR12 0, NR12 9, NR28 0, NR28 8, NR28 9 12 December 2018
NR21 0, NR21 1, NR21 7, NR21 8, NR21 9, NR22 6, NR23 1, NR24 2, PE31 8 12 December 2018

Alternatively you can check your postcode to find out when you should claim Universal Credit.

Apply for Universal Credit

Further information

For further information visit Universal Credit

Free Universal Credit helpline 0800 323 5644 - Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.

If you are receiving Universal Credit and are liable to pay Council Tax for your accommodation, then you can apply for help towards your Council Tax by claiming Council Tax support.

Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support